Welcome to September’s Newsletter
Our ponds, fish and gardens are doing great and we don’t want to think about upcoming Fall weather.
Here are few things to remember for September:
- As the water temperature dips below 60 degrees we want to switch back to a cool season/wheat germ food and continue feeding our fish until the temperature hits 50-55 degrees which is usually around the middle of October.
- Fertilize your lilies and other aquatic plants one more time in September to continue to get flowers.
- It’s a great time to put plants in the ground because you’ll only have a few weeks to water before the October rains start and we have all our plants on sale!
- If you were late to get a new pond started we have lots of hardy perennial aquatic plants on sale and all our fish over $25 are buy three get one free until it’s too cold to sell fish.
- Fall is an excellent time to hire our landscape company Falling Water Designs to finish (or start) those landscape projects you didn’t get done during the busy spring and summer. Falling Water Designs works all year long installing beautiful gardens, patios, fences, landscapes, decks, and ponds.
Even though it’s a bit early we’ve included our instructions on How To do Late Summer Garden Maintenance. If you’re wanting to know what’s new in stock or current sales head over to page 3. For plants that are looking great in the garden still head over to Cool Plants section. We also still have a few up and coming events and classes for September. Don’t forget to check out our recent projects Falling Water Designs has done too!
We will be switching to our fall hours which are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 10am to 5pm. Closed Tuesday-Thursday except by appointment only.
Did you know?
You may simply know us as Falling Water Gardens, the aquatic nursery and garden center in Monroe with the big fountains and display gardens. But did you know that the parent company, Falling Water Designs has been designing and installing award winning gardens and water features in the Puget Sound since the year 2000? It’s true! We’ve been featured countless times in the media.
We were also featured on HGTV’s show Landscaper’s Challenge not once, but twice. We’ve won awards with the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals, The Northwest Flower and Garden Show and the American Horticulture Society. We must be doing something right.
Looking to have some work done in your garden?
Contact us for an estimate at (360) 863 1400.
Please note that we’ve updated our newsletter format. You may navigate through this newsletter by clicking on the page numbers below.