Welcome to September’s Newsletter
We hope that everyone has enjoyed their summer. We sure did, and we don’t want it to end! But, the truth of the matter is that fall is approaching. This means that pond and water-feature owners have to start thinking about fall preparation!
Here are a few things to remember for September:
- As the water temperature dips below 60 degrees, we want to switch back to a cool season/wheat germ food (we have this for sale at the nursery). Continue feeding fish until the temperature hits 50-55 degrees (typically mid-October).
- Fertilize your lilies and other aquatic plants one more time in September, to continue to get flowers.
- It is still a great time to put plants in the ground because you’ll only have a few weeks left to water before the October rains start. We have our end of the season special: buy 3 plants (mix&match), get 1 free.
- If you were late to get a new pond started, our aquatic plants are also buy 3, get 1 free. It’s not too late to enjoy more life in your pond!
- Fish are buy three, get one free.
- All display fountains are 15% off.
- All fall decor is buy one, get one free.
- Fall is an excellent time to hire our landscape company, Falling Water Designs, to finish (or start) those landscape projects you were unable to complete during the busy spring and summer months. Falling Water Designs works year round, whether it’s creating garden designs for new clients, cleaning and repairing ponds, or installing ponds, patios, fire-pits, etc. Let us assist your needs!
This month’s How-To helps you prepare for the fall and winter seasons. Be sure to check out What’s New And On Sale at the nursery. For plants that are looking great in the garden still, head over to the Cool Plants section.
We will be switching to our fall hours:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 10AM to 5PM.
Closed Tuesday-Thursday except by appointment only.
We are open Labor Day Weekend (including Labor Day), 10AM-6PM.
Did you know?
You may simply know us as Falling Water Gardens, the aquatic nursery and garden center in Monroe, WA. But did you know that the parent company, Falling Water Designs has been designing and installing award-winning gardens and water features in the Puget Sound since the year 2000? It’s true! We’ve been featured countless times in the media.
We were also featured on HGTV’s show Landscaper’s Challenge not once, but twice. We’ve won awards with the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals, The Northwest Flower and Garden Show, and the American Horticulture Society. We must be doing something right.
Are you in need of landscaping services?
Contact us for an estimate at (206) 323-2873 or email@example.com
Please note that we’ve updated our newsletter format. You may navigate through this newsletter by clicking on the page numbers below.