How can I tell if my koi is a Sanke?
- PURE white base color.
- Red & black markings above the lateral line of fish.
- Lower portion of the lateral line should be all white.
- Little or no black on the head.
- Black markings should be balanced and have a deep contrast to the red/white.
- Fins are either clear, have black stripes, or have black marks located on the tip of the fins or closer to the body.
View other koi breeds here.
Please note that we’ve updated our newsletter format. You may navigate through this newsletter by clicking on the page numbers below.