Welcome to September’s Newsletter
Does anybody else feel like this year has flown by? How are we already into the 9th month of 2020? We have certainly had an interesting year. Hopefully you and your family have found time to relax and enjoy this summer season. As fall approaches, we have our annual fall preparation reminders.
- KOI OWNERS: As the water temperature dips below 60 degrees, we want to switch back to a cool season/wheat germ food (we sell this at the nursery). Continue feeding fish until the water temperature hits 50-55 degrees (typically mid-October).
- AQUATIC PLANTS: Fertilize your lilies and other aquatic plants one more time in September, to continue to get flowers.
- TERRESTRIAL PLANTS: It is still a great time to put plants in the ground. You will only have a few weeks left to water before the October rains start.
- SALE: buy three plants (terrestrial or aquatic), get one free. It’s not too late to enjoy more life in your pond or around the garden!
- SALE: Fish $35 or more are buy three, get one free.
- SALE: All display fountains are 15% off.
- Several display fountains are on clearance!
- SALE: Pumpkins, owls, & jack-o-lanterns are 75% off!
- LANDSCAPE DESIGN: Fall is an excellent time to hire our landscape company, Falling Water Designs, to finish (or start) those landscape projects you were unable to complete during the busy spring and summer months. Falling Water Designs works year round, whether it’s creating garden designs for new clients, cleaning and repairing ponds, or installing ponds, patios, fire-pits, etc. Let us assist your needs!
This month’s How-To goes over pond winterization. The winterization of your pond actually begins in fall!
For this month’s Most Recent projects, we are throwing it back to a year ago because we are in the middle of a couple exciting projects that we will share with you later.
For plants that are looking great in the garden and available for purchase at the nursery, head over to the Cool Plants section.
This month we are introducing Asagi. Learn more about this koi breed here.
Is there a specific topic or subject you’d like us to talk about and cover? Please let us know!
We will be switching to our fall hours starting on September 15th:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 10AM to 5PM.
Closed Tuesday-Thursday, except by appointment only.
Did you know?
You may simply know us as Falling Water Gardens, the aquatic nursery and garden center in Monroe with the big fountains and display gardens. Did you know that the parent company, Falling Water Designs has been designing and installing award winning gardens and water features in the Puget Sound since the year 2000? It’s true! And we’ve been featured countless times in the media. We were also featured on HGTV’s show Landscaper’s Challenge not once, but twice. We’ve won awards with the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals, The Northwest Flower and Garden Show and the American Horticulture Society. We must be doing something right.