Summer Is Here!
It is mid-year and we are thriving in the Summer Sun! We have celebrated Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, and we are now moving on to July Festivities and Summer BBQs here at the Gardens.
IMPORTANT Reminder – We will be closed for the 4th of July (Day Only), and we will return to our *normal* schedule on Monday, July 5th at 10am!
Welcome to July! We have a wonderful month ahead! It is our BIRTHDAY MONTH!! Can you believe it?! We are now celebrating our 13th Year for our Nursery, and we are having a FABULOUS Weekender Blow out!! We will not only have fabulous refreshments and garden activities, but you can also enjoy HUGE savings on plants, products, and decor! It will be 2 days of deep discounts!
In addition to our deep discounts, you will be able to place discount stickers on items not already on sale and of your choosing for an extra 5%, 10%, 15%!!
Summer Hot Topics!
This month at the Nursery, we focus on summer maintenance of both ponds and landscapes. We want to remind everyone that while weed whackers are great, pulling those pesky weeds by the root is critical.
Mosquitos and other insects often plague our backyard spaces, especially when water is involved. Here at Falling Water Gardens, we have a variety of products that will help with mosquito control.
Plantwise, to help decrease pesky insects, consider planting the following:
- Lavender: Repels moths, fleas, flies, and mosquitoes
- Eucalyptus: Helps keep mosquitoes away but will also ward off sand flies, ticks, and more pests
- Mint: Mint plants can repel spiders, ants, and mosquitoes. But be careful when you plant mint because these plants spread rapidly!
- Lemongrass: Repels mosquitoes
- Cat Nip: A member of the mint family, it contains a chemical called nepetalactone, which attracts cats but repels insects such as mosquitoes, flies, deer ticks, and cockroaches
- Geraniums: repel leafhoppers and other types of insects, and is a mosquito repellent
- Pitcher Plants: Trap and ingest insects
- Marigolds: The scent from various types of marigolds repels aphids, mosquitoes, and even rabbits.
- Nasturtiums: Repel whiteflies, squash bugs, aphids, many beetles, and cabbage loopers
We have a large inventory of plants, stop by and check out the flower/plant options we have in stock. We look forward to having you visit! The Garden & Fish Center is currently open daily from 10am to 6pm.